RSD's highly secure, on-campus residence facility is available free to eligible students from Monday thru Friday. Approximately 30% of our students enjoy the comfort and safety of this on-campus facility. Trained and certified residential counselors and nursing staff are fluent in both English and ASL. RSD counselors create a nurturing home environment and provide positive role model mentoring, daily structure, and discipline. Campus security is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Access is video monitored and controlled by a keyless electronic system.
In addition the students receive the benefit of:
- Ongoing communication with peers reinforcing continued language development
- A 10 bed health center with on-call medical doctor
- Professionally-managed dining facility
- Daily housekeeping
- Access to academic and homework support
- Laundry facilities available
- Dorms equipped with games, books, magazines, computers, videophones, TVs, and DVD Players
- A fully-equipped recreation center, indoor gymnasium, pool, and multiple outdoor playing fields, including an outdoor lighted basketball court
- School supplied vans providing transportation to a wide assortment of after-school activities including: bowling, roller-skating, shopping, open-captioned movies, local professional sports events, and more.
For assistance in applying to RSD, to arrange for a campus tour, or for general intake referral information, call 585-336-5854; 585-286-2806 (VP) or e-mail: [email protected].
View and download a PDF file of the Parent Handbook.