Your Generosity Creates Opportunities
Rochester School for the Deaf fosters a love of learning and creates a vibrant educational and social community for deaf and hard-of-hearing children. While core programs are state-funded, support from individuals, foundations, and corporations makes all the difference! Donors make a significant impact on the lives of our students and their families by providing a beautiful campus with unique educational spaces, opportunities for educational enrichment, and special support for students in need and various outreach initiatives. Recent projects that received support from generous RSD donors include:
- The natural outdoor classroom at the Early Childhood Center, allowing for creative play and hands-on learning in a beautiful, safe space.
- Supplemental support for the high school travel abroad trip to Paris and London, which brought history and culture to life for our students and empowered them to explore and learn about the world.
- Travel to out-of-state athletic and academic championships.
- ASL learning opportunities for families.
- Classroom curricular materials for special projects.
- Emergency funding for students to cover food, clothing and medical needs.